Typing Tips - Tips On Typing Faster, Typing Accurately And Good Typing Posture Tips
A good source for valuable typing practice tips are Typing Tutors. Typing tutor software will not only teach you typing, but also offer tips to improve your typing activity.
Also, Online Typing Tutor Sites will help you much in your keyboarding practice, not only with online typing classes and Internet typing games, but with online typing-tips as well.
Here are some tips to help you improve your typing skills:
* When you touch type with ten fingers, make sure to hit the Space Bar only with your thumb of one hand; usually with the right thumb, unless you're left-handed. Do not use both thumbs to hit the Space Bar.
* When you need to hit the Shift key, for example to capitalize a word, do so with the opposite hand, not with the one that you use to hit the letter that needs capitalization.
* When you type on the keyboard, do not look on the keyboard; look at the screen, or on your reference paper. Once you've attained good touch typing skills, focus on what you need to type, not on how you need to type. Trust your fingers. They know what they're doing.
Typing becomes an automatic skills, just like reading, or driving a car. You don't have to think how to drive, or how to read; you do so automatically. The same is true for typing. It's not a conscious act. Let your unconscious take care of it.
* Care for typing tips on typing with good posture, as much as you care for typing speedily. Typing posture helps also for the speed of your typing. When you keep your fingers well on the keyboard, you can type at fast speed with less interruption and less typos.
* When you learn to type, make sure to pick up typing tips not only on typing speed and finger placement, but also on how to type accurately and keep errors to a minimum.
After all, what is worth your typing speed, if you keep making errors and find yourself returning afterwards to repair a gazillion of typos?
I've just recently met a friend who's hired an editor for his magazine. She made so many typing errors that he no longer wants to keep her. Your typing tasks and your typing jobs will be of more value if you'll learn type accurately from the beginning.
A Typing Tutor program will help you much in learning to type with littler errors; especially the Typing Master (TM) typing-tutor, as well as the Online Typing Classes, such as Custom Typing (TM), which offer many great typing tips to improve your typing speed and accuracy, as well as your typing posture.
Do you have a good typing tip that you believe would be useful for others too? Why not send us your typing tip, so that we can share it with the visitors of these site?
Please send us your typingtips and we'll post it on this typing-tip page. Make sure, too, to come back often, to check out more good touch typing tips.
ADD TO YOUR SOCIAL BOOKMARKS: Blink Del.icio.us Digg
Furl Google Simpy Spurl Technorati Y! MyWeb
Join The Club! Sign In Now To Get The Free Touch Typing Newsletter. Learn About Typing Tips, Typing Jobs, Typing Tutors & More. Sign In Now. Don't miss a single issue.